It is all over the news that Mr Panyaza Lesufi promised that all drivers and vehicle owners would receive a full refund towards all their e-tolls payments. The failed etoll system was supposed to be scrapped as of 31 December 2022 already. Here is how you are suitable to receive an etoll refunds.
e-toll consists of the electronic toll collection processes employed by South Africa’s roads agency SANRAL on selected toll roads or toll lanes, subject to the Sanral Act of 1998.
The system was to be a national implementation, piloted first in Gauteng Province, but South Africa citizens did not fully comply towards the system, and many opted not to pay or at least have etoll accounts.
How to get etoll refunds?
- E-Toll Account: You must have a registered and a good-standing etoll account.
- Valid Bank Account: E-toll refund will be paid directly to a stipulated account, be it a personal or business.
- Account in good-standing: Accounts that are behind, negative-balance and pending status might have to be rectified first, then the remainder brought forward becomes refundable balance.
- Visit eToll outlets: For more regarding your refund, please visit all branded outlets in malls, or all Conventional Toll Plazas: (list of etoll customer services)
- Kolonnade: Cnr Dr. Van der Merwe & Zambezi Drive, Montana Park, Pretoria. Entrance 7
- The Grove Shopping Centre (-25.7649,28.3215). Cnr Lynnwood and Simon Vermooten Roads, Equestria, Pretoria. Banking Court
- Menlyn Park Shopping Centre (-25.7827,28.2747) Cnr Atterbury Road & Lois Ave, Menlo Park, Pretoria Entrance 2 next to Jet Store
- Rigel (-25.8077,28.2566)
- Parkview Shopping Centre (-25.8177332,28.2330997) Gaarsfontein Road
- Irene Village Mall (-25.8616,28.25) c/o Nellmapius Ave and Van Ryneveld Roads, Irene, Pretoria, 0157 Next to Pick ‘n Pay
- Centurion Mall (-25.8572,28.18666) Heuwel Avenue, CBD, Centurion Banking court
- Mall @ Reds (-25.8719,28.1369) Cnr Hendrik Verwoed & Rooihuiskraal Drives, Rooihuiskraal Ext 15, Centurion Next to Cell C
- San Ridge Square Midrand (-25.9766,28.1183) Cnr New & Lever Roads, Midrand Next to Pick ‘n Pay
- Engen Highveld 1 Stop R21 South (-26.0071,28.2537) Tembisa 1626, South Africa
- Rivonia (-26.04008,28.0611) Sandton 2128, South Africa
- Bonaero Centre (-25.7191,28.2178) Cnr Atlas Road and Geldenhuys, Bonaero Park Top of Checkers Hyper
- Modderfontein (-26.1155,28.1420) Lethabong (City of JHB), South Africa
- BP Oasis (-26.1169,27.9547) Randburg 2169, South Africa
- Cresta Mall (-26.1305,27.975) Cnr Beyers Naude Drive & Weltevreden Road, Cresta Ext 4, Randburg Top of CAN store
- Westgate Shopping Centre (-26.1391,27.8619) 120 Ontdekkers Road, Horizon, Roodepoort Next to Checkers Hyper
- 14th Ave (-26.1527,27.9295) Randburg 1709, South Africa
- Killarney Mall (-26.1661,28.0536) 60 Riviera Road, Killarney, Johannesburg Edgars Court
- Jetpark (-26.1793,28.2133) Germiston 1401, South Africa
- Pepper Square Value Mall (-26.178585,28.236418) Cnr North Rand Road & Oosthuizen Street, Boksburg Next to Checkers
- Lakeside (-26.1852,28.3157) Norwich Lakeside Mall, Tom Jones Street, BENONI, 1501 Nu Metro Court
- Maponya Mall (-26.2586,27.9019) Old Potchefstroom Road, Soweto Opposite MTN outlet
- Trade Route Mall – Lenasia (-26.3258,27.8666) Corner K43 and Nirvana Roads, Lenasia 1820 Opposite Pick ‘n Pay
- Golden Highway (-26.2773,27.9457) Soweto 1811, South Africa
- Kliprivier (-26.2673,28.0302) Johannesburg South 2091, South Africa
- Alberton City (-26.2638,28.1230) Voortrekker Street, CBD, Alberton Next to Woolworths
- Grey Ave (-26.2655,28.1538) Germiston 1401, South Africa
eToll Refunds FAQ
Does etoll refunds includes toll gate charges?
No. Toll gates on N-Roads (National-roads) are not part of e-Toll. Toll gates like Bakwena, N3TC, SANRAL and Entilini are not part of eTolling gantry system but can deduct fund on your e-tag or e-toll account just for speedy transit on National road. So etoll refunds will not include amount paid on National road toll gates.
How long will it take to get my etoll refunds?
The duration of your etoll refund will rely on your banking facilities. Some banks take longer to process funds from different institutions to your account. But most banks take 3 days or less to process deposits.
Do I have to provide bank statement showing etoll deduction?
According to the records, etoll and SANRAL have all transactions linked to your vehicle and etoll account, so there might be no need to provide your banking transactions to validate refund. Only a valid user with valid etoll transactions is enough for a successful refund.
When will eToll refunds start?
The nation is waiting for set dates from Mr Panyaza Lesufi.
If I am not from Gauteng province, am I liable for etoll refund?
Yes. If your vehicle passed under any SANRAL etoll gantry, and you had an e-tag with positive balance, that deducted portion is a valid refundable transaction.
Are foreign nationals liable for etoll refunds?
Please consult any other eToll customer services from the list above, or visit https://www.sanral.co.za/e-toll/