Every year before matric results are available to the public and publishers, the minister of Basic Education, in this case, Angie Motshekga, a huge media brief is conducted where she gives a report to the public and other stake holders based on School performance report 2023.
The National Senior Certificate (NSC) School Performance Report is an annual report released by the Department of Basic Education (DBE) in South Africa. The report provides a comprehensive overview of the performance of all schools that offer the NSC, which is the national qualification for Grade 12 learners in South Africa.
The NSC School Performance Report includes information on the following:
- The number of candidates who wrote the NSC examinations
- The number of candidates who achieved the NSC
- The pass percentage in each subject
- The performance of schools in relation to their quintile (a measure of socio-economic status)
- The trends in NSC performance over time
The NSC School Performance Report is used by a variety of stakeholders, including:
- Schools: To identify areas of strength and weakness in their own performance
- Policymakers: To develop policies and interventions to improve the performance of schools
- Researchers: To study trends in NSC performance and identify factors that contribute to success
The latest NSC School Performance Report was released in 2022. The report showed that the overall pass rate for the NSC was 76.4%, which was an increase from 76.2% in 2021. The report also showed that there were significant differences in performance between schools in different quintiles, with schools in the highest quintile (the most affluent schools) having a pass rate of 94.3%, while schools in the lowest quintile (the poorest schools) having a pass rate of 45.7%.
School performance report 2023
Below are the links to all available reports from DBE backdated.
- 2022 School performance report
- 2021 School performance report
- 2020 School performance report
- 2019 School performance report
- 2018 School performance report
- 2017 School performance report
- 2016 School performance report
- 2015 School performance report
- 2014 School performance report
- 2013 School performance report
- 2012 School performance report
The NSC School Performance Report is an important tool for understanding the performance of the education system in South Africa. The report can be used to identify areas where there are challenges and to develop strategies to improve the performance of all schools.