Welcome to SASSA (South African Social Security Agency) benefits explanation. The information you require is detailed in this article. Note that Old-age grant, Disability grant, SRD (Social Relief of Distress) and Child grant are some of the benefits from SASSA.
1. SASSA SRD
SASSA SRD (Social Relief of Distress) is an amount of R350 benefit to people who lost income due to Covid19. Online application is open to everyone. To qualify for this benefit, there must be no monthly income towards you. You can apply online, check your status and if rejected, you can appeal the decision for SASSA to reconsider your application.
2. Banking Details
Now that your SASSA application is successful, the money is paid directly to the bank account details you supplied during the application. These details can be updated or changed at any time. Banking details or bank account must be linked to your ID as the applicant.
3. Balance Check
All uncollected SASSA payouts will keep on accumulating on your account. There are two ways to check your SASSA balance:
- SASSA Card Holders: All SASSA cardholders can view their balance on their phone (Dial *120*3210# on your phone. Follow the prompts).
- Bank Account: To check the balance on your bank account, you can do so by using your usual methods according to your banking provider.
4. SASSA Payment Dates
SASSA payment dates are once a month and paid to the account you specified and the type of withdrawal (Bank account, SASSA Card or SAPO).
- November 03/11/2021
- December 01/12/2021
- January 04/01/2022
- February 03/02/2022
- March 03/03/2022
6. How to Apply
The following items are the requirements for the SASSA application and must be valid and verified.
- Identity Number or Department of Home Affairs Refugee permit number.
- Name and Surname as captured in the Identity Document.
- Gender and Disability.
- Contact details – Cell phone number.
- Residential Address.
7. SASSA Links