The Matric results 2022 is upon us, it is a time of excitement but at the same time, a time of sadness to those who did not make it out of Grade 12. Then, what do I do if i failed matric?
If you failed matric (Grade 12) exams.
There are a few options available to you right here in South Africa:
- One option is to rewrite your matric this year. Just after the results, matric rewrite 2023 registration kick-starts just after the results.
- Another option is to take a supplementary exam, this option allows a student who have failed one or more subjects to retake those subjects and potentially earn a matric certificate. You can also enroll in a TVET college, or
- Find a job that does not require matric. It’s important to speak with a guidance counselour or academic advisor to help you explore your options and make a plan that is best for you.
What are Jobs you can do without matric in South Africa 2023
There are a several job options that do not require matric (Grade 12) in South Africa. Some examples are:
1. Retail and customer service positions: Many retail stores (Shoprite, Checkers, Woolworths, etc), fast food restaurants (KFC, McDonalds, Burger King, Chicken Licken, Steers, Wimpy, etc), and other customer service businesses do not require a matric certificate for entry-level positions, but might require that you go for training for that specific job provided my the company employing you.
2. Factory and assembly line jobs: Many manufacturing and production companies do not require a matric certificate for entry-level positions.
3. Construction and labor: Entry-level positions such as general laborer or unskilled construction worker do not require matric.
4. Hospitality: Entry-level jobs in hotels, restaurants, lodges and other hospitality businesses do not require matric certificate.
5. Cleaning services: Companies that provide cleaning services or hire cleaners do not require matric certificate.
It’s important to note that while these jobs do not require a matric certificate, they may require other qualifications or training, such as on-the-job training or a driver’s license.
So, failing Grade 12 or a learner who failed matric is not the end of the world, and it is not the end of your career.